Coffee County Children's Advocacy Center, Inc. is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. Donations may be tax deductible. There is never a fee for our clients.
The Coffee County Children's Advocacy Center was founded in late 2004 by a group of local activists led by the Coffee County Church Women United. In June of 2005, we officially opened our doors to serve the children of Coffee County.
Specific benefits to children of a Children's Advocacy Center are:
* Less trauma to the child due to a single interview
* More immediate follow-up to reported cases
* More efficient mental health and medical treatment
* Increased successful prosecution
* Consistent support for child victim(s) and the non-offending caregivers
We seek to improve the multi-disciplinary agency response to sexual and physical abuse of children and reduce the trauma they encounter. We desire to educate the community with knowledge and materials to prevent child abuse and we want to increase the Children's Advocacy Center self-sufficiency through sound management and growth of our financial base.